Friday 3 March 2017

March Life 2017



Personal Life// Ha. Part of me feels like I didn't have much of a personal life this month. Only work life. Of course that's not entirely true. I am really thankful and excited that 'home' is only an hour & a half away. This is the first time I've lived not with my parents but also not 6+ hours away. It's nice to have the option of going home on the weekends and last weekend my mom came here for the day and we went out to lunch. It would be nice to make a friend or two this month but honestly there's not many people around in my age bracket. Plenty older and a solid group of younger but nobody really in that 25-35 category. And the ones that are seem to be firmly rooted in their own social circle. 

Hobbies// I didn't make as much time for this as I would have liked this month. I think I finished one card for my Project Life Album. Ideally I will get January finished this month and at least round up all the photos and memorabilia for February even though it seems unlikely I will finish the month. I didn't take my camera out at all this month...so that's something that needs to happen this month. In fact the sun seems to be peeking out today so I think this afternoon I will go do a little exploring. I also really want to start blogging again. I miss those interactions! Things seem to be getting into a better schedule in terms of working hours & days so I am going to make more of an effort this month. 

Career// Somedays it feels like I'm still frantically dog paddling and trying to keep my head above water. Other days I feel like I have things a little more under control. I started at a really hectic time, February was a short month so everything that is typically done on a monthly basis had to be done sooner than usual. And the organization operates on a quarterly schedule so there were things like vacation requests that need to be completed for April, May & June. And some things changed in regards to how the transition was supposed to take place between myself and the person who was formally in my role. Which meant less training and more uncertainty. It looks like things are coming together though. Someone who was formally in this role 3-4 years ago has agreed to do some training with me next week. And I'm attending a week long training session towards the end of the month organized my the national organization so that should also be helpful. 

Spirituality// I'm inclined to give myself a failing grade on this one. I am still keeping up with my three thankful thoughts each day, reading Savor every night before bed and journalling but sometimes it is done more out of habit than anything else. I thought a lot about taking on something else for Lent, doing something really great and embracing the season. And then I got real with myself and determined that it would likely end up adding more stress to my life so I'm not doing anything specific. I am going to make more of an effort to read everyday or spend 10-15 minutes in silence but I'm not keeping track. 

Health// There's no real change on this one. I'm back to indulging in pop a couple of times a week. Trying to make an effort not necessarily to eat breakfast but to have some sort of snack around 9 a.m. so that coffee isn't the only thing in my stomach between the hours of 8 a.m. and when I eat lunch. I've also been really good about eating lunch in the kitchen with the rest of the office people. I've yet to eat lunch at my desk, which is a habit I would love to keep up! 

Goals// I survived February! In March I'd like to do a Day in the Life post and make more time for hobbies. Keep moving forward and taking time to identify the progress I am making. I've had multiple people remind me this week that this isn't the time of job that you learn in a week or month. It's probably going to take a full year before I really feel on top of things, which is hard for my Type A personality to wrap my mind around, but it is true. 

Linking up with Gretch & Kristen!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment