Wednesday 25 January 2017

What's Up Wednesday - January 2017

My goal for the year is to participate in this link up every month so I have a consistent way to document the little currently things. So, let's get started with what's been going on in January!

What I'm Eating This Week: I finally gave the avocado for breakfast trend a try and enjoyed a bagel with bacon, cheddar cheese & avocado. It wasn't life changing but it is a good way to get more veggies (fruit? Someone let me know where avocados belong ) Also on the menu tacos, pasta & broccoli with Alfredo sauce, homemade pizza and sausages & rice.



What I'm Reminiscing About: I guess I'm just sort of reminiscing about everything that's happened over the last few months. 

What I'm Loving: Planning! You can check out my first month using my Happy Planner here

What I've Been Up To: This month I celebrated my birthday and got back into the swing of things after Christmas break. A lot of the month revolved around job searching and multiple rounds of interviews. And it looks like things are taking a turn in the right direction! But more on that later. 

What I've Been Dreading: I'm not great with change and I do believe there is lots coming my way. It's not the worst kind of dreading but the idea doesn't excite me. 

What I'm Working On: The past few days I've been busy completing paperwork for a Spark/Brownie sleepover in February. The girls will be there for less than 24 hours and there is still a mountain of paperwork that needs to be completed and submitted. 

What I'm Excited About: February looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty great month. I have concert tickets, a sleepover with my favourite girls and Valentine's Day. February is my favourite winter month because it goes by pretty quickly and then March feels so much closer to spring. My grandparents are also getting a puppy next week so that's exciting! 

What I'm Watching: I started the month watching Lock Up and being fascinated (and disturbed) my the jail/prison system in the US. Then I switched back to Friends because that never disappoints. I also watched Audrie & Daisy, which if you haven't watched it yet, you need to carve out some time and make that happen. I also sort of started watching Master of None and Scrubs. I'm looking for a good sitcom to watch so if you have any suggestions let me know. 

What I'm Reading: Currently reading Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez. The history is fascinating, although the story is a little choppy. I'm only about half way through but I'd still  put it on my recommend to friends list.

What I'm Listening To: There have been multiple times this month when I've found myself listening to Run Devil Run by Crowder on repeat. Mostly though I listen to Friends for background noise.

What I'm Wearing: Fleece lined leggings and comfy long sleeved tees. I know I've already mentioned a few times that I found the most amazing leggings at American Eagle just before Christmas. They have pockets. I bought two pairs. 

What I'm Doing This Weekend: List making is the first thing that comes to mind! 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Moth: I love Valentine's Day and I also happen to love Groundhog Day. And starting a new adventure

What Else Is New: It's been a mostly regular month around here!

Who Is Your All-Time Favourite Bachelor?  I've watched exactly one episode of The Bachelor, last year when I was on vacation with my ex's family his mom and sister were into it. I was kind of horrified by the whole thing. I still can't understand why girls volunteer to participate and why they behave so terribly on the show. I'll take my reality TV in the form of Survivor and Big Brother, please and thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment