Thursday 5 January 2017

January Life 2017

One of my favourite Christmas gifts last year was a 'Question A Day' journal similar to this one. I was super diligent about answering the question every night before bed and my enthusiasm hasn't diminished any as I started answering the questions again this year. One of my goals for the year is to document life and one of the ways I want to do that is by being consistent about the things I reflect upon each month. 

I decided on six categories - Personal Life, Hobbies, Career, Spirituality, Health & Goals to write about each month when the What's New With You link up rolls around. 


Personal Life// I'm so ready for a new year! I rang in the new year wearing sweat pants, on the couch with R. We watched the 8:00 p.m. family friendly fireworks display and were in bed by 1:00 a.m. The year isn't starting out the way I imagined (I was operating under the assumption I would be starting the year with a new job) but I still feel okay with it all. Nothing lasts forever and if I just keep taking one step at a time I'll get to where I'm going. 

Hobbies// H. gave me a puzzle for Christmas so I have been working away on that. It's this Disney Trading Pin one and it's so challenging! I've figured out a system and am making progress but it's one of the harder ones I've done since I started doing puzzles. I'm anticipating finishing off my 2016 Project Life album by the end of next week and then starting on 2017's album!

Career// As of this moment still very much unemployed. I do have a couple tiny side projects that I'm working on and I've reached out to a few different people. I'm hopeful that something will work out...even if it's not my ideal something. I'm making the effort to embrace what the universe has in store and reminding myself to 'bloom where you're planted'. Hopefully I'll have some bigger updates on this next month.

Spirituality// Last year I bought Shauna Niequist's Savor Devotional. I read it occasionally but it spent more time on my bookshelf than in my hands. This year I've added it to my bedtime routine. I fill out my question for the day and then spend a few minutes reading the devotion for the day followed by journalling in a notebook that I'm using exclusively for the devotion. It's only early in the year but so far I'm also keeping up with my gratitude list, writing down three things each day.

Health// I've been making a conscious effort to drink way more water and so far it's working. I keep telling myself I'm going to take advantage of the hundreds of free yoga workouts on YouTube but short of digging my yoga mat out of the closet I haven't made any real progress on this.

Goals// This month is all about the number one. I want to read one book, watch one documentary and try one new recipe/restaurant. 




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment