Thursday 22 December 2016

Word of the Week (52 in 52 2017)

Last night I was in the middle of creating a 52 in 52 list and I stalled. I had been struggling with the darn thing all week and wasn't getting anywhere. Nothing seemed new or exciting, it was quickly become a list comprised of the same things I did last year and some things that I didn't actually have any interest in doing. In other words I was wasting my time.

And then I had an 'Ah-Ha' moment. 

I'd already decided that the official One Little Word class wasn't for me but was still toying with the idea of picking a word and letting it lead me but there wasn't really one word sticking out to me. So I'm not choosing a word. I'm choosing 52. Conceivably, one for each week of the year. Or maybe I'll choose 4-5 each month. Either way, I'm excited. 

I'm still working on what exactly this will look like but right now I am planning on choosing a word each Sunday and incorporating it into my week. I'm thinking I will either use a Smash book or 8x6 Project Life album from my stash to document my words. Maybe I won't get through all 52 words, maybe there will be a couple that stick around a little longer or I'll revisit them as life dictates. I'm not going to use the words in any particular order, just whatever seems appropriate for the week. 

My words came to me pretty quickly, a few quick thesaurus searches but it took me less than 30 minutes to create this list. And have I mentioned yet I'm really excited about this plan?
  1. Abide
  2. And
  3. Balance
  4. Be
  5. Bless
  6. Begin
  7. Clear
  8. Do
  9. Devote
  10. Detail
  11. Engage
  12. Explore
  13. Firm
  14. Faith
  15. Flow
  16. Grace
  17. Grow
  18. Honour
  19. Humble
  20. Intention
  21. Intrepid
  22. Joy
  23. Know
  24. Kindness
  25. Light
  26. Little
  27. Might/Mighty
  28. Peace
  29. Prayer
  30. Plant
  31. Psalm
  32. Praise
  33. Preserve
  34. Produce
  35. Play
  36. Quiet
  37. Reduce
  38. Refresh
  39. Relax
  40. Ripple
  41. Remember
  42. Renew
  43. Still
  44. Savour
  45. Soften
  46. Spark
  47. Shine
  48. See
  49. Selah
  50. Thrive
  51. Whole
  52. Well
What do you think? Am I in over my head? Have you used any of these words as your One Little Word? 


Linking up with Mulling Over My Morning Coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment