Saturday 31 October 2015

Solidarity Sisters November

I participated in the second round of Solidarity Sisters this month and was paired with the delightful Meagan who blogs at All the Joys. I loved e-mailing back and forth with Meagan this month, we have a lot of similarities with our interests and a lot of common ground when it comes to our blogging philosophies. Unfortunately, a true blog date wasn't in the cards since Meagan calls Texas home and I'm all the way in Canada. We settled for a little Q & A session via e-mail. 

If you could only use one device for a year would you choose a smart phone, tablet or laptop? Why?
I would choose a smart phone, because I could do everything I can do with a tablet or laptop, but also text and call people.  Plus, it's something smaller to keep in my overflowing purse!

What is your go to outfit for a low key day?
It depends on the weather, but if I'm staying home it's yoga pants and a comfy sweatshirt.  If I am running around, I'll throw on skinnies, boots and a flowy top/sweater.

What motivates you to continue blogging?
The people I have met!  I never expected to make friends while blogging, but I definitely have.  I keep blogging to connect with others.

What are your top three travel destinations?
1.  Anywhere with a warm beach, it's my happy place (specifically love St. John, St. Thomas and Michigan Lake, on the Michigan side!)
2.  Nashville.  I love it for a girls weekend - good music, good food, good central location to meet up!
3.  Overseas, I absolutely love London.  It's been a long time since I've been there, but it holds some of my most favorite travel memories.

What is your favourite meal to cook for your family?
I have two girls, 5 and 2, so gourmet meals aren't really my thing right now!  We love tacos, breakfast for dinner and any kind of pasta.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I'm a middle of the day person.  I don't like mornings, but again because of my girls, I have to be up early.  Usually by 10pm I'm ready for bed, but if you catch me around 10am - 3pm, I have all sorts of energy and motivation!

Where do you write your blog posts? (Home Office, bed, in front of the T.V. etc.)
Always in front of the tv.  While watching Ellen!

What is your favourite thing about your city?
I'm new to my city, Dallas, from Chicago.  So far, I like that I feel safe here.  My suburb is full of young families and there are children in almost every house in my neighborhood.  There aren't areas nearby that I need to "stay out of" or be extra careful in.  Of course, I am always diligent but overall I feel much more safe here.

What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Again, the friendships I've made!  I started blogging to have a creative outlet and it's become so much more than that.  It really is a special community of people!

Some of you might already be familiar with Meagan through her weekly link up Blogger Love, and if you're not you should also check that out! You can head over to Meagan's blog to see my answers to Meagan's questions and introduce yourself! 

Sign ups are still opened for the November round of Solidarity Sisters! It's a fun way to meet a new blogger and have someone to talk blogging with, plus you just might make a new friend in the process! Sign ups close this evening so if you're interested don't delay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment