Tuesday 20 January 2015

Twenty Five




I turned 25 yesterday and I thought a lot about how to mark my 25th birthday here in blogland.  I  debated replacing my 25x25 list with a 30x30 list, and I might do that at some point just not right away. I thought about sharing 25 things I've learned, 25 things I haven't learned, 25 things I've accomplished. The number 25 really begs for a list to be made. Since I feel like 25 is somewhat of a turning point in life I decided to go with a list of 25 things about me in this moment. 

  1. My favourite colour combination right now is orange & coral. 
  2. My favourite comfy outfit is black leggings, warm socks & a hoodie.
  3. I love photography, writing and scrapbooking. 
  4. Summer is when I'm happiest.
  5. I've been trying really hard to get into the habit of eating 3 meals a day (I always skip breakfast).
  6. I have a long list of places I'd like to travel, travelling makes me anxious though so I haven't travelled far. 
  7. I'm still afraid of being alone, and I'm growing increasingly fearful of 'losing control' and ruining plans.
  8. I need 8 hours of sleep every night, but I really function the best when I get 9.5 hours.
  9. I prefer dark roast coffee and like it with about half a teaspoon of sugar. Every so often I'll drink it with a splash of cream as well.
  10. I enjoy interacting with other people, being active and having good conversations. I need my alone time though. At minimum 15-20 minutes each day to be alone with my thoughts, read a book, write, doodle, even watch a television show by myself. There is no doubt I am an introvert.
  11. I love animals, squirrels, whales, cats and polar bears are my favourites.
  12. I don't eat fast food very often but when I do Wendy's is usually my top choice. 
  13. H. & R. are my best friends and I'm so thankful that they came into my life in the most unexpected of ways. Now I can't imagine doing life without them.
  14. I watch a lot of legitimate documentaries but I also have a soft spot for terrible TLC 'reality shows'. (90 Day Fiancé, Sister Wives, 600 lb. Life, 19 Kids & Counting...)
  15. I love cooking. Trying new recipes, experimenting with things to make them better.
  16. Broccoli is my favourite vegetable.
  17. I don't wear a lot of jewellery. I stick to earrings and a handful of necklaces, I don't see the appeal in owning tones of costume jewellery. I'd rather own a few really nice things than drawers of $10 necklaces.
  18. History fascinates me, I love reading historical fiction books, autobiographies, random wikipedia articles I like learning about the past.
  19. Sometimes I can accumulate clutter and drawers and closets might be chaotic but I like my surroundings to be tidy. Clear desk, nightstand, dresser is essential to my productivity.
  20. I don't like calling people on the phone.
  21. If I could change anything about my appearance I'd make myself 5 inches taller.
  22. I can spend hours browsing/shopping at Michael's and Chapters.
  23. Even though I'm an introvert I don't particularly like doing stuff alone. I would never eat at a restaurant or see a movie by myself. The one except is that I enjoy getting groceries alone and strolling through Target or the mall. 
  24. Although I don't consider Friends to be my favourite show I have watched the entire series from start to finish more times than I can even begin to count and it still makes me laugh. 
  25. I have a weird mix of emotions about the next 25 years. On one level I have no idea where I'll find myself a year from now, I have some thoughts about what I'd like to accomplish but I also feel very comfortable with having so many unknowns. 
Linking up with Tuesday Talk!


5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Love this list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I absolutely love Friends, and I totally get the introvert thing. Every week and a half or so, I hit a point where I need to be alone, like now, and after a few hours I'm usually ready for people again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happpppy belated birthday! i hope you had a great one. xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a RapidLash giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! 25 was one of my favorite ages! :) Thanks for linking up with Tuesday Talk! Feel free to link back to a host if you would like!
    Sarah
    www.sarahefrazer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete