Friday 21 February 2014

February Friday Five!

{one}

For a girl who doesn't have anything resembling a boyfriend, gentlemen caller, friend with benefits, "it's complicated" type relationship I sure did get a lot of Valentine's! My parents sent a box of fancy cookies to me at work and there was lots of candy and adorable notes from H. & R. 



Close up of the Valentine's H. made. I'd seen them on Pinterest but they are even cuter in person, she did such a great job. There was even a little note on the back expressing her love for our friendship!


{two}
This week at work was so bizarre. There was a lot happening so my regular 9-5 hours were totally out the window. Tuesday I worked 7:45-4:15, Wednesday I was 9:00-4:30 and then yesterday I was in from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Next week is probably going to be very similar since Tuesday we're making the 2.5 hour drive to camp to pick up some things we need in the office and take up some equipment that was donated but has been sitting in our offices. I suspect it will only get crazier from here until May. 


{three}
Last night after work I went out with H. and some other girls who worked at camp last summer. We went to this amazing local place were you pay $5 and play boardgames! They have tons of games and you can stay as long as you want and play the boardgames. They also have coffee and beer and you can order chips & salsa, bowls of candy and other snacks food. We were there for a solid 3 hours and can't wait to go back! I also didn't get home until 11:30 which is officially the latest I've been out since starting work. I needed some extra coffee this morning. 

{four}
I'm making brochette for supper tonight and my excitement is far too high. There are probably 100 different things I could be doing as a hip 20-something in the city. I'm choosing to watch Criminal Minds and eat Bruchetta. Things may get wild if I treat myself to a glass of pop. 

{five}
I've been doing so well sleeping & eating lately! I've been meal planning pretty consistently and getting 8 hours of sleep every night (usually more). I'm going to post more about meal planning next week (at least I'm planning too, we'll see what happens), but the summarized version is it's making such a big difference. 

Linking up this week with the lovely Five on Friday ladies! 



4 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a good week despite the weird hours at work. hope you have a great weekend. what's burchetta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Friday night sounds pretty perfect...especially the Bruchetta! YUM!

    xo,
    Katherine Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the board game place you went to! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete