Sunday 19 January 2014

24 Candles, 24 Wishes


Pinterest
When R. turned 24 last month H. & I set off to the grocery store to get candles for her cake we made our purchase and reported back to her that "she was a whole box of candles old!". I'd be lying if I said I was thrilled about turning 24. Yes, I'm thankful for another day/year but that doesn't mean I'm excited about it. I'll compare it to being thankful that there are dirty dishes to wash because it means you have food and have eaten, it doesn't necessarily mean you're over the moon excited about washing that pile of dishes.

I'm going to go ahead and declare that with 24 candles on the cake means I get 24 wishes. I grew up with the saying "if you tell someone your wish, it won't come true", so I suppose that by sharing this list with blogland it guarantees none of these wishes will be granted, but I'm going to do it anyway. So without further ado I present my 24 wishes on my 24 birthday.

  1. Grant approval.
  2. Unlimited supply of gummy bears.
  3. A lovely, committed boyfriend who likes camp and is ok with watching Disney movies.
  4. Vanilla Coke to return to Canada.
  5. A nice stack of cold hard cash.
  6. Red Hunter rainboots.
  7. A Beauty & The Beast library.
  8. Someone to follow me around with a guitar and sing about my daily activities. 
  9. Random choreographed dance numbers in my life on a weekly basis.
  10. My Pinterest closet to magically appear in my actual closet.
  11. Wake up and be 10 lbs lighter.
  12. A farm.
  13. The Pioneer Woman to live next door.
  14. Perfect vision. Goodbye glasses & contacts! 
  15. Ellen DeGeneres to arrive on my doorstep and visit.
  16. A Complete Disney DVD collection.
  17. A channel that airs only my favourite shows.
  18. Luke Bryan.
  19. A private concert by the Goo Goo Dolls.
  20. A fully stocked craft room.
  21. A bouquet of fresh flowers.
  22. Someone to pay me to browse Pinterest for at least 3 hours a day.
  23. Macbook Pro.
  24. World Peace.
What would you use your wishes on? 

4 comments:

  1. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN

    Jesus said you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God. What did He mean by that statement?

    John 3:1-3......3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly , I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."(NKJV)

    Jesus did not tell Nicodemus that he had to be born the first time in order to enter the kingdom of God. He said you must be born again!

    Jesus did not tell Nicodemus that he had to exist in order to enter the kingdom of God. Every person alive, exists, how could that be a requirement to enter the kingdom of God? Jesus said he had to be born again.

    Being born of water (amniotic fluid) by natural birth is being born the first time, it is not being born again.

    John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (NKJV)

    Jesus said you must born of water and the Spirit to enter the kingdom of God. Remember in John 3:3 Jesus said "You must be born again." Water can mean nothing but water baptism (immersion). Water and the Spirit are both qualifications in order to be born again.

    John 3:5 Jesus answered: I tell you for certain that before you can get into God's kingdom, you must be born not only by water, but by the Spirit. (Contemporary English Version)

    John 3:5 Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

    John 3:5 Jesus said, 'I tell you the truth. This new birth is by waterand by the Spirit. No person can enter God's kingdom if he has not been born that way. (Worldwide English New Testament)

    WATER BAPTISM IS A REQUIREMENT TO BE BORN AGAIN.

    (SEE: Acts 2:38, WATER BAPTISM AND THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT....YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN! )


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your wishes! Especially #18 - His tour comes to Memphis during my birthday month, so I'd definitely use one of my wishes for tickets to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wishes are awesome. I would definitely wish for that Pinterest closet (and hello, getting paid to browse? Yes please!' but my number one wish would be to live my dreams of traveling and inspiring others while raising my son in a unique environment. I'm not asking for much, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My main wish is 100% a Macbook Pro!

    ReplyDelete