When R. turned 24 last month H. & I set off to the grocery store to get candles for her cake we made our purchase and reported back to her that "she was a whole box of candles old!". I'd be lying if I said I was thrilled about turning 24. Yes, I'm thankful for another day/year but that doesn't mean I'm excited about it. I'll compare it to being thankful that there are dirty dishes to wash because it means you have food and have eaten, it doesn't necessarily mean you're over the moon excited about washing that pile of dishes.
I'm going to go ahead and declare that with 24 candles on the cake means I get 24 wishes. I grew up with the saying "if you tell someone your wish, it won't come true", so I suppose that by sharing this list with blogland it guarantees none of these wishes will be granted, but I'm going to do it anyway. So without further ado I present my 24 wishes on my 24 birthday.
- Grant approval.
- Unlimited supply of gummy bears.
- A lovely, committed boyfriend who likes camp and is ok with watching Disney movies.
- Vanilla Coke to return to Canada.
- A nice stack of cold hard cash.
- Red Hunter rainboots.
- A Beauty & The Beast library.
- Someone to follow me around with a guitar and sing about my daily activities.
- Random choreographed dance numbers in my life on a weekly basis.
- My Pinterest closet to magically appear in my actual closet.
- Wake up and be 10 lbs lighter.
- A farm.
- The Pioneer Woman to live next door.
- Perfect vision. Goodbye glasses & contacts!
- Ellen DeGeneres to arrive on my doorstep and visit.
- A Complete Disney DVD collection.
- A channel that airs only my favourite shows.
- Luke Bryan.
- A private concert by the Goo Goo Dolls.
- A fully stocked craft room.
- A bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Someone to pay me to browse Pinterest for at least 3 hours a day.
- Macbook Pro.
- World Peace.
What would you use your wishes on?