Tuesday 30 April 2013

A Confession

I LOVE reading. I was always that kid reading under the covers with a flashlight and have been known to finish whole books in under 8 hours. But, I've got a confession, the past few months I have been horrible at finishing books. One of two things keep happening: I buy the book, take it home and it sits on my desk/bookshelf/bedroom floor for all of eternity or, I buy the book, read a few chapters and for whatever reason never get around to finishing. I'm determined to change my ways though and summer is the perfect time to make that happen!

I don't have much free time over the summer but last summer during session breaks when there weren't any campers around I read a lot. There's nothing else that melts away a stressful week quite like sitting on in the sunshine on the dock with my feet in the water and a book in my hand.

So far my summer reading list looks like this:

  • A Year of Living Biblical Womanhood - Rachel Held Stevens
  • The Patron Saint of Butterflies - Cecilia Galante
  • Crazy Love - Francis Chan
  • Bumped - Megan McCafferty
  • The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
  • 7 - Jen Hatmaker
  • In The Land of the Blue Burqas - Kate McCord
  • The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

I'm sure that there will be more to add, and I always love book suggestions!

I also love suggestions about what to blog about so starting tomorrow I'll be joining in at Story of My Life for the Blog Everyday in May Challenge! You can read the rules and the topics here. I'm not sure how well the blogging everyday thing will work out once I move to camp, but I'm going to try anyway!




No comments:

Post a Comment